Firehouse Community Darkroom
135 Church Street, next to City Hall
Firehouse Center for the Visual Arts, Lower Level
Burlington, VT, 05401
- Mary Johnson [email protected]
- Classes available in Photography
- Directions to Firehouse Community Darkroom:
- The Burlington City Arts Community Darkroom is located in the lower level of the Firehouse Center for the Visual Arts in downtown Burlington next to City Hall on the Church Street Marketplace.
- Get directions from MapQuest
- The Firehouse Community Darkroom was included in the Firehouse renovations plans when Burlington City Arts conducted a survey and found that darkroom space and photography classes were in demand but not readily available. In addition to film and printing space, we also have a new Logan Mat Cutter available for use for a small fee by members of any Burlington City Arts studio. The Firehouse Community Darkroom is open to individuals and groups for rental time. We also offer a range of classes ranging from beginner level to more advanced. Please contact the Photography Program Director to sign up for membership, arrange rental time, or to inquire about group use. The darkroom is handicapped accessible.
DARKROOM MEMBERSHIP RATES
There are two levels of darkroom membership available:
- Hourly Membership $10/month membership fee + $6/hour rental fee
- Monthly Membership $85/month membership Includes unlimited access on a space-available basis to the posted darkroom hours.
DARKROOM MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- On-site assistance
- Use of enlargers, equipment and chemistry
- Reduced-fee use of the Logan 750 mat cutter and heat press
- Locker space to store work and supplies
- Monthly Photography Critique and Discussion Group
- Opportunities to exhibit work